Saturday, July 21, 2012

DIY: Chevron Nails

Since I've been obsessed with chevron manicures lately, I thought I'd show you guys how I do mine! It's super easy to do and really cute. Just keep on reading to see how I do them!




What you'll need: 
  • a base coat (optional) - I'm using Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment: Strength
  • a nail polish for the main colour on your nail - I'm using Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in White On
  • another nail polish for the accent colour - I'm using Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Black Satin
  • a top coat - I'm using ORLY Glosser Topcoat
  • scotch/clear tape

1. Apply your base coat. Once that dries, apply your main nail polish colour. (For this tutorial, I am only going through the steps on one finger).

2. Once your main colour is completely dry (make sure it is 100% dry or they'll come out messy!!!), take 2 small pieces of tape and stick them to the back of your hand to make the tape less sticky.

3. Then, apply the pieces of tape to your nail creating the 'chevron' shape at the base of your nail. (You can also do this same technique to add chevrons/triangles to the tops of your nails if you'd like!)

4. Using your accent nail polish colour, paint in the triangle you just made with tape.

5. With the accent colour nail polish still wet, slowly and carefully peel the pieces of tape off. I found it turns out better when you peel the tape off from the top to the bottom of the nail. Also, make sure you pull the tape off straight to make sure the 'chevron' keeps its shape.

6. Once the chevron accents dry completely, apply your favourite top coat and you're done!

1 comment:

  1. amazing nails ! your blog is amazinnng! :D

    http://cheesypeasy.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete