Sunday, March 24, 2013

My First Julep Maven Box! (Review + Swatches)

This month I got my first ever Julep Maven box! I've heard about these polishes for a while and I've been really curious to try them out! I saw an ad somewhere online that for a limited time they were offering 50% off your first box, so I got one! I also later found out when I was making my order, that I could also choose an additional 2 nail polishes to get added to my box for free! So all of this that I got was only $10!!

I got the Classic With a Twist box because I really liked the look of the two nail polishes that came with it. They were both cream polishes, and that's my favourite texture. The starter box also came with an Instant Warming Foot Scrub and a sample of a hand scrub (I've yet to try either scrub). The additional 2 free nail polishes I chose also have a cream finish.

Helen // The first polish that came in my box is Helen. The Julep website describes this as a smoky pastel lavender creme, which is very accurate! I love pastel shades for spring, and I also love that this is a very muted pastel colour. The formula of the polish was smooth and applied opaque in 2 coats.

Claudette // The second polish in my starter box is Claudette, a smoky brick red creme. This polish is quite possibly my favourite of them all. It's a gorgeous creamy red that isn't too bright or too burgundy. This applied opaque in 2 coats as well.

Eloise // This is the first of the two free polishes I chose for my box. Eloise is a smoky indigo blue creme. I surprisingly didn't have a navy blue polish in my collection before this, so that's why I chose this one!

Alma // The last polish, and possibly my least favourite, is Alma. This polish is a dijon mustard yellow creme from their Trina Turk Fall 2012 collection. There were only about 10 polishes to choose from for the free additional polishes, and I wanted to get another cream shade, so that's why I chose this one. It's also totally different from anything else in my collection. The formula of this polish is fantastic, it's just the colour I'm not so much a fan of. I'll probably find use for it in some nail art or something though!

Overall I'm really impressed with the formula of these nail polishes. They all applied really smoothly and were quite opaque, taking 2 coats at most. I also love the deals that Julep has! I can't believe I got all of this for only $10! Such a steal!

Have you ever tried Julep nail polishes? What are some of your favourite shades?

Sign up to be a Julep Maven here!

1 comment:

  1. Love the look of the red and lilac polishes :) I've never tried this brand before, I like how the bottles look like lip glosses haha :) xx

    belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete