Tuesday, May 21, 2013

NYX Cherry Culture Haul!

A couple weeks back I made an order from Cherry Culture because they were doing a 40% off sale on all NYX products! NYX has become one of my favourite drugstore brands, however it's not the easiest brand to find in Canadian drugstores. I find it easier to buy their products online (and preferably on sale) when I want to try some new ones! I've been using these products for a few days now so I thought I'd show you what I got and share my first impressions of them!

NYX Blush in Taupe // This is a blush that one of my favourite YouTubers, NikkieTutorials, consistently raves about. She uses it as a contour shade. Since I think her and I have similar skintones I wanted to see how this blush would work as a contour for myself! I've been using it for a few days now and 
I really like it! The shade is a very light, matte taupe that makes for a very natural looking contour!

NYX Blush in Peach // This is another blush I've heard some good things about in the YouTube community. It's a matte light pinky-peach blush. Considering it's called Peach, this blush is more pink than you'd expect it to be, but it's a really gorgeous shade! This is a blush that will be great to wear year-round too!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt // I have 1 Jumbo Eye Pencil from NYX already in Milk, and it's a product I use every single day. This time I got one in the shade Yogurt! It's a light, shimmery champagne colour with a bit of a pinky undertone. It's a really gorgeous shade!

NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple // I've been wanting a bright liquid eyeliner for a while to do bold winged liner so I picked this one up! It's a deep but very bright purple with a bit of shimmer and it is so beautiful. I'm already obsessed with it!

NYX Single Eyeshadow in True Taupe // I've heard amazing things about NYX's single eyeshadows and had yet to try one, so I picked this one up in True Taupe! I was hoping this would be a dupe for Tease from the UD Naked2 palette, but this shadow is a bit lighter than Tease. It still works great as a transition shade for blending out deeper crease colours and I love wearing it for a bit of definition along the lower lashline! I would love to try some more of these shadows in the brighter colours they have!

Cherry Culture Lip Balm in Peach // When you spend $20 or more on cherryculture.com they throw in a free lip balm in the scent of your choice! I chose the Peach one and it smells delicious! This lip balm is very moisturizing and smooth on the lips, I really enjoy it!

NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz // I'm not much of a nude lips girl, but I did want to get something in case I ever wanted to wear a nude lip and I had been wanting to try these Xtreme Lip Creams! These apply like a lip gloss and set sort of like a lipstick! This colour is a great nude lip colour for me! It's not too pale so it doesn't look like I put concealer on my lips, it's just the right shade!

NYX Round Lipstick in Stella // I have 1 round lipstick already in the shade Fig and I think it's my favourite lipstick I own, so I really wanted to get another one! I got this one in the shade Stella, which is a creamy medium pink with yellow undertones. It's a really pretty shade and will be great to wear on days I want something brighter than Fig!

Here's a look I created using some of the products I bought! In this look I'm wearing:
• NYX Blush in Taupe to contour my cheekbones/temples
• NYX Blush in Peach on my cheeks
• NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt on my lower lashline/waterline
• NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple as winged liner
• NYX Single Eyeshadow in True Taupe through the crease/to blend out the crease
• NYX Xtreme Lip Cream in Nude Peach Fuzz on my lips


1 comment:

  1. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)
    Check out my blog post here:
    firstpersonshopper.blogspot.com/2013/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete