Friday, May 10, 2013

Recipe: Best Taco Dip Ever!

There is a taco dip my mom has made for years and I made it today and I thought I'd share the recipe with you! It's a really simple recipe and it is so delicious! My entire family and all my friends love it. Here's how to make it.

First, we mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and taco seasoning for the base layer of the taco dip. You can add more or less sour cream to make it thinner or thicker to your liking.

Pour the cream cheese mixture into a shallow dish (pie dishes work great!) and spread it out with a spatula. Use a larger dish (or 2 dishes) if you want this layer to be thinner, or use a smaller dish for a thicker layer!

Next, pour a layer of salsa on top of the cream cheese mixture and spread it out gently with a spatula. I prefer to use mild salsa, but if you prefer something with more of a kick, go ahead and use spicy!

Last, top all that off with a layer of shredded cheese! Use freshly grated or pre-shredded cheese, it's up to you! And add as little or as much cheese as you like (I prefer to go with lots of cheese!).

This recipe is totally customizable too. This is the very basic version of it. Sometimes my mom likes to add chopped peppers, bacon bits, tomatoes, green onions, and other things before the cheese is added! Just add what you like!

Now just take out a bag of Tostitos (the scoops work great!) and enjoy!

Here's the recipe written out too!

If any of you decide to try this out I'd love it if you let me know how you liked it! It takes maybe 5-10 minutes to put together and it's something I'm sure you and your friends will enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment