Thursday, January 22, 2015

Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks | Review + Swatches

“jeffree “jeffree Attention all bold-lip lovers! You'll want to pay attention. There's a new liquid lipstick on the scene and this one is no joke. These are the Jeffree Star Cosmetics Velour Liquid Lipsticks. These are the first products in the Jeffree Star Cosmetics range and I am really impressed with them. I pre-ordered mine the day they became available, on Black Friday, and got the bundle with all 3 available shades (available on the Jeffree Star Cosmetics website). The three shades currently available are I'm Royalty, Redrum, and Prom Night.

I'm Royalty is a bright royal purple with a matte finish. Redrum is a bright blue-based red. Prom Night is a borderline neon bright Barbie pink. 

The formula of these is similar to products such as the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks and the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipsticks. They apply wet looking from a tube with a doe foot applicator and set as an ultra-matte finish. These do not transfer like a typical lipstick would either. The wear time of these is great as well. I can wear these for 6+ hours without the need of a touch up! All three of the shades apply very opaque in one pass over the lips. The only down side to these for me is that application is a bit tricky since the doe foot applicator is a little flimsy. I might try to apply these with a lip brush next time to get a more precise application. But other than that this product is a total win in my books! Jeffree is currently working on expanding the shade range of these liquid lipsticks as well as adding new products to his range which I can't wait for!

Are these lipsticks something you'd try out? What are your thoughts on the super bold shades?

6 comments:

  1. These are so pigmented! I love the purple and pink shades but I don't think I could ever pull them off. I can't wait to see what colors come out next!

    Monica - Mocha and Moccasins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been brave enough to wear these out of the house yet, but I feel like come summer time (when a neon lip is slightly more appropriate) I'll get more use out of them! The formula is super impressive though.

      Delete
  2. I don't think these shades would work for me no matter how much I like them on other people and how much I covet bold lips. I'm looking forward to the peachy and nude shade he's working on; I think I could rock those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that purple I want it! But I'm trying not to buy too many lip products for a bit. And you know my thoughts on bold lips, they're basically the only lip colours worth wearing ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great purple. I need to actually wear it out sometime!

      Delete