Friday, February 27, 2015

What's In My Bag?

“what A few weeks ago my friend Courtney (of Cupcakes & Cateyes) tagged me to do a What's In My Bag post so I'm finally getting around to it! I've actually been meaning to do one of these for such a long time so I'm glad I'm doing it now! I always find it interesting to see what other people keep in their handbags, so hopefully this is somewhat interesting for you!

First off, let's talk about my bag! I got this handbag on ASOS a couple of years ago and it's been the bag I've used most often since then! I love the colour of it and the cute scalloped edge detail. It's also the perfect size, not too big and overwhelming, but still big enough to fit everything I need inside. It also has a nice long adjustable strap so I can wear it crossbody too! Since it is a couple of years old now it's no longer on the website, but there are some similar style bags here. Now, onto what I keep inside!

First is my new Kate Spade York Street Neda wallet. I ordered this online shortly after Christmas when there was a sale on the Kate Spade website and I am so in love with it. I've wanted a Kate Spade wallet for quite some time, so when I saw this on sale for such a great price I had to get it! It's originally $158 and on sale I got it for around $56 (plus shipping and duty fees). If you know me at all too you know how big of a fan I am of black and white stripes and gold accents, and this wallet has both! It also has so many pockets inside so it stays nice and organized and everything has a place.

One item that I can't imagine not having now is my Boostcase. This is a battery charging case for my iPhone and it holds an extra 150% battery. Whenever I know I'll be out all day without access to an outlet to plug in my phone charger, I make sure this is fully charged and put it in my bag. I have used it so many times and I love that it'll bring my dead phone right back up to 100% and then some when I need it! I also keep my iPhone 5s on me at all times of course, and right now I'm using a wooden and rose gold case I got on sale at Urban Outfitters (similar)!

A few daily essentials I like to keep on hand are an eos lip balm, Bath & Body Works PocketBac hand sanitizer, sunglasses (Forever 21, old), a pen (how cute is that lipstick pen from The Lip Bar?!), a pack of 5 gum, and a couple of band aids (because you never know when you or someone else might need one!). I also currently have a pair of gloves in my bag at all times since it's freezing cold out! These are the kind that allow you to use your touchscreen when wearing them too!

As far as beauty products, I try and keep that to a minimum. I don't really touch up my makeup during the day, besides my lip product and occasionally blotting when I get oily. I like to keep whatever lip product I'm wearing that day in my bag. On this particular day, I had 3 in my bag (which is still a quite low number of lip products for me to have in there if I'm being honest). I have the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve, MAC Faux Lipstick, and a mini size of Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Lolita. All 3 of these are quite wearable shades! I usually keep MAC Faux in my bag at all times though since it is my go-to nude! I also keep a Revlon ColorStay Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me powder, and ELF Shine Eraser blotting papers for complexion touch-ups.

And that's everything I keep in my bag! I do switch from handbag to handbag fairly often and when I do I usually transfer most or all of these items. I've been thinking of doing a video or post on my handbag collection so if that's something you'd like to see let me know!

What essentials do you keep in your handbag?


1 comment:

  1. I always need a lipbalm, hand cream and some gum in my bag. Awesome post, love your blog!

    www.withinjayslife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete